I have recently converted by CV into Latex, this is something I have been meaning to do for a while but had not found the time for, my new CV can be found here as compared to the old formatting. Because I put a lot of time into customizing it I thought it would be helpful for others to have the source for it as well. I have posted the source on Github for anyone who wants to make the change themselves. This is an adaptation of Steve Tjoa’s original CV template.
I have included a customized
bst file that reformats my name in the publications list(s), this can be adapted simply within the
cv.tex file without having to edit the
bst file yourself. The original template I used allows for multiple bibliographies so if you want to add sections that are not currently there it is quite simple. Using the
unsrt bibliography style allows me to order the publications how I want them, I currently have them in decreasing publication year.
During the IGERT problems course in 2012 our project was to analyze and annotate a newly discovered and sequenced snake fungal pathogen, Ophidiomyces ophiodiicola. At the time we just called it the “snake fungus”. Recently, thanks to the the hard work of Manna Ohkura and her PhD advisor Marc Orbach, we published our results in ASM’s Genome Announcements. The full list of co-authors and a link to the open access paper can be found on the Publications page.
11 years ago this summer I participated in an Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) program in Computer Vision at UCF. This summer marks the 30th time they conducted the program (which is an impressive feat to be able to get 30 years a funding from the NSF). To celebrate they are having a one day event at UCF on 18 July. The REU in 2006 was my first experience with research, and while my interests didn’t lie in computer vision, and it was my first step to my current career path. I am excited to go back to UCF to participate in this celebration.
Event page: here
The journal version of my WABI paper has been accepted for publication in the Algorithms for Molecular Biology journal and will appear there soon. This extended version includes many of the algorithmic details that were left out of the original paper WABI publication as well as an expanded results section. A pre-publication version of the submission is available on my Publications page.
My paper titled “Boosting alignment accuracy by adaptive local realignment” (with John Kececioglu) was accepted to the 21st International Conference on Research in Computational Molecular Biology (RECOMB) 2017 in Hong Kong in May. The paper is available here.